Recent Publications - For full publication list CLICK HERE
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman and Jaswant Reddy Tokala and Radha Sai Ch V Rupesh and Sakthi Balan Muthiah, Event Detection in Twitter Using Social Synchrony and Average Number of Common Friends, In 13th ACM Web Science Conference 2021 Companion proceedings, Workshop on Web Science for Digital Capabilities, pp. 115-119, ACM publishers, June 2021. https://doi.org/10.1145/3462741.3466654
- Yash Vekaria and Vibhor Agarwal and Pushkal Agarwal and Sangeeta Mahapatra and Sakthi Balan Muthiah and Nishanth Sastry and Nicolas Kourtellis, Differential Tracking Across Topical Webpages of Indian News Media, In 13th ACM Web Science Conference 2021 proceedings, pp. 299-308, ACM Publishers, June 2021.
- Vibhor Agarwal, Yash Vekaria, Pushkal Agarwal, Sangeeta Mahapatra, Shounak Set, Sakthi Balan Muthiah, Nishanth Sastry, and Nicolas Kourtellis, Under the Spotlight: Web Tracking in Indian Partisan News Websites. Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, 15(1), pp. 26-37, June 2021.
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, Vibhor Agarwal, Yash Vekaria, Sakthi Balan Muthiah: A Metadata-Based Event Detection Method Using Temporal Herding Factor and Social Synchrony on Twitter Data. RCIS 2021, pp. 637-643, 2021.
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, Sakthi Balan Muthiah, Pushkal Agarwal and Lokesh Todwal. Social Synchrony in Online Social Networks and its Application in Event Detection from Twitter Data, Proceedings of IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, WI-IAT 2020, ISBN: 978-1-6654-1924-6, pp 443-449.
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, Manas Gaur, Shivansh Baijal, Ch V Radha Sai Rupesh, Sakthi Balan Muthiah and Amit Sheth, Exo-SIR: An Epidemiological Model to Analyze the Impact of Exogenous Infection of COVID-19 in India, arXiv e-prints, Aug 2020. Link: https://arxiv.org/abs/2008.06335
- Arpan Gupta, Sakthi Balan Muthiah, Viewpoint constrained and unconstrained Cricket stroke localization from untrimmed videos, Image and Vision Computing, Volume 100, 2020.
- Arpan Gupta A, Ashish Karel, Sakthi Balan Muthiah. (2020) Discovering Cricket Stroke Classes in Trimmed Telecast Videos. In: Nain N., Vipparthi S., Raman B. (eds) Computer Vision and Image Processing. CVIP 2019. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol 1148. Springer, Singapore
- Nisha Shekhawat, Aakanksha Chauhan, and Sakthi Balan Muthiah. 2019. Algorithmic Privacy and Gender Bias Issues in Google Ad Settings. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Web Science (WebSci '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 281-285. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3292522.3326033
- Arpan Gupta, M. Sakthi Balan, Temporal Cricket Stroke Localization from Untrimmed Highlight Videos, Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP) from Dec 19 to 21, 2018. (Proceedings in print)
- Arpan Gupta, M. Sakthi Balan, Action Recognition from Optical Flow Visualizations, Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision & Image Processing, ed. Chaudhuri, Bidyut B. and Kankanhalli, Mohan S and Raman, Balasubramanian, pp. 397-408, 2018.
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, M. Sakthi Balan, Pushkal Agarwal and Lokesh Todwal, On Social Synchrony in Online Social Media, Proceedings of ACM Conference on Web Science 2017, Pages 417-418, Troy, New York, USA, June 25 - 28, 2017
- Vibhor Agarwal, Yash Vekaria, Pushkal Agarwal, Sangeeta Mahapatra, Shounak Set, Sakthi Balan Muthiah, Nishanth Sastry, Nicolas Kourtellis. Under the Spotlight: Web Tracking in Indian Partisan NewsWebsites. (In review)
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, Vibhor Agarwal, Yash Vekaria and M. Sakthi Balan, Event Detection in Twitter using Social Synchrony and Mean Temporal Herding Factor.